Tuesday, January 10, 2012

clean. lean. green. shake!

most of the time when i make my shakes i do not follow a recipe.  i know what i like, i eyeball the measurements and blend!  i have previously posted the recipe for my normal breakfast blend, so i thought i would compile my green shake recipe for you too.

clean. lean. green. shake

6-8 oz fresh squeeze orange juice
2 tablespoons chia seeds
half cucumber
two celery stalks
1 inch fresh ginger
2-3 handfuls of spinach (baby or regular)

put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. 

 if youre like me and prefer a cold shake, you can put the OJ into some ice cube trays and freeze them before blending.  or you can place the veggies in the freezer for an hour or so to chill before blending.  sometimes i will also add kale to this or half a green apple.  i also LOVE flat leaf parsley in my shakes - adds such a clean and refreshing taste.   






enjoy!

-the mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment