Sunday, January 8, 2012

tea kettle: electric or stove top?

referring back to an earlier post about tea and tea kettles: sooo which one, electric or stove top?, i finally made a decision:  stove top.  i have been wanting a tea kettle and needing to make the decision sooner rather than later.  my 21 day cleanse has me off caffeine so i have been leaning towards green and herbal teas rather than decaf coffee for my hot beverage fix.  tea could never replace my love for coffee, but i have been loving getting know tea and immersing myself in all the wonderful flavors and varieties.  what made me choose stove top kettle over the electric kettle is a great deal on the perfect color green chantal tea pot.  i was using my sisters stove top tea kettle the other day and when i went to pour the water into my cup i nearly burned my hand on the handle.  it was boiling lava hot.  that makes no sense.  why would the handle be impossible to hold and pour?  good thing my green lady has an easy grip stay-cool handle :)  down the road i will probably invest in an electric kettle mainly because it takes at least 10 minutes before i hear the whistle and sometimes that is just too long to wait.

here is a picture of my beautiful green lady:



happy tea drinking!

- the mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment