Sunday, January 8, 2012

cleanse: day seven.

today is the final day of my first week (eating only fruits and veggies). I am SO looking forward to monday and adding back seafood and beans. this morning I decided to have a small plate of fruit for breakfast.



half a grapefruit, a handful of blueberries, one kiwi, and a manila mango (which, in my opinion are SO much better than a traditional mango)...all on my classy target paper plate :)

manila mangoes are smaller and have a yellow skin when ripe. the perfect portion for a snack or part of breakfast. but what I like about manila mangos the most is their tangy, almost sour taste.  however, if you dont like a tangy/tart taste, you can let them further ripen and the are incredibly sweet.  my son tried them for the first time this morning and practically finished a whole one himself. he didn't care for the ruby red grapefruit and spit it out immediately. 

the thing I find most difficult about this cleanse is the lack of hot food (and coffee, i just want a dang latte for goodness' sake!).  I have been really craving a warm breakfast (eggs benedict, haha) or a nice hot dinner (steak and mashed potatoes). that's not to say that I cant have a hot meal of steamed/sautéed/grilled veggies, it just doesn't feel the same without a protein, and I'm getting pretty sick of soup for dinner! a few nights ago I tried making sautéed shiitake mushrooms to go along with my soup for a "meaty" alternative and bleck. I am just NOT a mushroom fan. meh, oh well.

on the menu for dinner tomorrow night: 
grilled ono with fresh mango salsa and grilled veggies! yes.

happy cleansing!

PS I wrote this entry on my iPhone using the blogger app. not too bad, although there are a few things I will change when I am at a computer (links, alignment, photo, etc). you are limited in your manipulations, but overall its a good app that's easy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment